2022 Note from SpireTech’s Leadership Team
The covid pandemic has undoubtedly sent ripple effects through every industry over the last 2 years causing various layers of issues forcing businesses to immediately shift, adapt, and overcome. It’s refreshing to hear from many of our clients and their teams that they’ve been able to successfully navigate these challenging times, in some cases for the better. We do understand there are many businesses still struggling and layers of political and social issues still brewing nationwide, but we continue to hope for the best outcomes for those impacted. Fortunately, at SpireTech we had a very positive year. As you may or may not recall in our last update, we implemented the EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) business management processes in late 2020 and worked in 2021 to refine our goal setting and accomplishments. Our meeting cadence has been on track, and our ability to identify core issues and strategize, implement solutions, and move forward has been evolving and becoming very fluid.
Review of 2021 Business Activity:
- Exceeded our goals for revenue growth to support increased staff and ever-increasing inflation
- Increased employee headcount to maintain responsiveness and high quality of support
- Increased the number of client partnerships
- Implemented a new vCIO assessment platform to better support our client IT strategy plans
- Implemented a phantom stock program for our staff
- Implemented a new outsourced PEO/HR platform for our staff to provide stronger benefits
- Increased continued educational efforts with the staff by attending Microsoft led training programs
- Continued to attend in-person and virtual conferences and quarterly IT business peer group events to keep current on trends and best practices.
- Continued to assist clients with cloud transformation efforts and reduction of on-premise infrastructure.
- Acquired more security tools such as Huntress (persistent threat hunting) which will be available in future add-on packages.
What’s coming in 2022:
- Additional security tool packaged offerings
- Clients continuing to undergo cloud transformations
- Refresh to our overall account management processes and re-assess clients leveraging the new vCIO assessment platform implemented in Q4 2021
- Continued focus on Microsoft 365 platforms
- Continued advancement and integration of our backend tools and processes
- Microsoft rolling out their new commerce experience and altering pricing on select subscriptions and packages (Important Microsoft 365 Update – SpireTech Portland IT Services Blog)
We appreciate your continued support and look forward to a great 2022 with you! Please keep us in mind for referrals if you know of a business that needs help with IT!