Blog Post Archive - Archives
Evolved from Emotet and Trickbot malware, Trickboot has the ability to modify your computer’s firmware – basically, the portion of code that lives in chips in your motherboard – to survive even after a complete wipe and reinstall of your hard drive.
The best defense against this malware is user education – typically, a user is tricked into opening a compromised Word document, usually received via an email attachment or link, and accepting macros. This causes the malware to execute and potentially download other harmful malware to your computer. Be sure that any attachments you receive are legitimate – even attachments from “trusted” senders could be compromised. If in doubt, forward to our helpdesk for advice on how to proceed. Read more...
We would like to take a moment to wish all our clients a big thank you for your continued support this year. It’s been a challenging time for everyone – Season’s Greetings and we wish you all Happy and prosperous 2021!
Like many of you, we won’t be getting the team together for a nice dinner during the holiday – instead, we’ll be celebrating together virtually, and each employee will be getting an Uber Eats voucher for their food. We will miss the usual adult beverages and side conversations that occur when we meet in person. Read more...
Our office will close mid-afternoon on Christmas Eve, and remain closed through Friday December 25th so that our team can enjoy the holiday with their families. We will also be closed on Friday January 1st in observance of the New Year’s holiday. Read more...
Microsoft is transitioning Internet Explorer 11 to End-of-life status. Internet Explorer became unsupported by Microsoft Teams on Nov 30th, 2020 and it will cease to be supported by Microsoft completely on August 11, 2021. Microsoft has installed tools to redirect users to the new Edge browser.
The new Microsoft Edge is powered by Chromium, the same browser engine that powers Google Chrome – and has vastly superior compatibility with websites when compared to the previous version of Microsoft Edge or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
We recommend anyone still using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 stop doing so now, and switch to a supported browser – such as the new Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome. Read more...
Microsoft Teams continues to get better. Microsoft has introduced several new features:
- Together mode– puts everyone in the meeting in a virtual room together, instead of the usual “box for each person”. You can customize the setting for the room. We thought this was sort of cheesy, but we might try this feature again during our virtual Covid-era Christmas party.
- AI-based noise suppression – reduces unwanted background noise during meetings.
- Polls during meetings – to use this feature, you’ll need to add the Forms app as a Tab to your meeting. Learn how.
- Improved iOS functionality, including the ability to view shared content, speaker view, and Apple CarPlay support.
We have been rolling out Microsoft 365 Business voice to clients that are transitioning to a work-from-home, virtual workplace. It has been a resounding success so far – and clients are loving the flexibility and savings it has offered them.
Let us know if you are interested in transitioning your current phone system solution to M365 business voice! Read more...
Did you know we offer self-service payment options using our portal? Of course, it is fine to call us if you prefer – but anyone who receives an invoice from us can login to the portal using the link in the email. You can view payment history, invoices, and make payments. If you do not know your password, there is a forgot password function you can use to create a new password using your billing email. Read more...
The tax man cometh, and things tend to get busy at SpireTech during November and December. This year-end appears to be no different. Oftentimes, equipment availability and delivery times get extended – so plan ahead! If you are considering some year-end upgrades, please let us know soon so we can get your projects estimated, scheduled, equipment ordered, and installed.
Thanks! Read more...
SpireTech recently introduced a way to monitor customer satisfaction by including voting links at the end of a ticket closure email. So far, the feedback has been that we are doing an excellent job, and that customer satisfaction is very high, an average of 9.91 out of 10.
Unfortunately, a very small percentage of you respond – it only takes a few seconds. We would love it if more of you can let us know how we’re doing! At the end of the survey, the tool will offer you a chance to leave a Google review – positive public reviews help our search ranking – it would be greatly appreciated if you can also complete a Google review!
Thanks in advance! Read more...
In response to customer demand for increased site security, SpireTech is now offering Managed WordPress Hosting. The package includes monthly security updates to your WordPress site, and several other features:
- Monthly security updates to the WordPress framework, and the plugins and themes contained within
- Backups of the WordPress website and all data contained within once every 24 hours
- One hour per month of technical support, which includes:
- Minor content updates of textual content
- Upload and inclusion of customer-provided images
- Installation of plugins and any minor required configuration
- Installation of code snippets (such as Google Analytics)
- Modification of certain PHP configuration, such as version, memory limit, and other configuration variables
- DNS record edits, if DNS is hosted at SpireTech