SpireTech Blog - Tag: Cloud
Cloud, collaboration, and productivity.
Apr 1, 2021
On the one-year anniversary of our cloud server migration solution, we’d like to re-post a youtube video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvx4-6K8sQ
Microsoft Teams continues to get better. Microsoft has introduced several new features:
- Together mode– puts everyone in the meeting in a virtual room together, instead of the usual “box for each person”. You can customize the setting for the room. We thought this was sort of cheesy, but we might try this feature again during our virtual Covid-era Christmas party.
- AI-based noise suppression – reduces unwanted background noise during meetings.
- Polls during meetings – to use this feature, you’ll need to add the Forms app as a Tab to your meeting. Learn how.
- Improved iOS functionality, including the ability to view shared content, speaker view, and Apple CarPlay support.
We have been rolling out Microsoft 365 Business voice to clients that are transitioning to a work-from-home, virtual workplace. It has been a resounding success so far – and clients are loving the flexibility and savings it has offered them.
Let us know if you are interested in transitioning your current phone system solution to M365 business voice!
Many things are changing in the world right now, and technology is no exception. As usual, we are spending a lot of time on R&D, training, and investigating new technology. Why do you care? Because we see certain technologies being key enablers for our clients moving forward. We’re already using most of these technologies (accelerated by WFH), and many clients are rethinking the way they want to work.
If you don’t know about these key enablers, you should, because they are disruptive technologies. We’ll give you a primer here, with the “why” for each.
|Azure AD||Enables security in a WFH, cloud-first workplace|
|Intune||Automatic software deployment, enforcement of company IT standards, mobile device security|
|Autopilot||Automatic setup and configuration of new computers, anywhere|
|SharePoint||File sharing without a server, simultaneous document editing|
|OneDrive||Easy access to SharePoint and backup of local documents|
|Teams||Team chat, meetings, calls, and collaboration|
|Microsoft 365 Business Voice||Potentially disruptive extension to teams calling and traditional business phone systems|
Many of these features are things you’re already paying for, and others present minimal additional cost. Read more...
Apr 1, 2020
Portland, OR. – for immediate release
In response to an uptick in demand for customers to work from home, SpireTech has developed some new technology to rapidly move legacy servers to the cloud. For a quick demonstration video, please see our YouTube Channel:
PS – This is meant to add a laugh to everyone’s day – even April fool’s day is not quite the same this year! Be safe, and let us know if we can be helpful to you.
used with permission from Microsoft US Small and Midsize Business Blog
Remote employees have come a long way since the days when trying to work while away from the workplace was like a sentence in solitary confinement. Thanks to the Cloud, they no longer have to use cumbersome methods to access office computer files or receive access codes from special devices just to make a phone call. But, do your remote employees really feel like they are part of the team?
There’s a lot to be said for the sense of community formed by team members who are all in the same physical location. Here are four pitfalls of working remotely and how Microsoft* tools can help employees from San Francisco to South Beach collaborate as if they are all sitting around the same table.
#1. Access to files and software
When attending meetings, the people in the office conference room have an advantage over remote employees. Read more...
Wrapping up 2016 and our plans moving into 2017
2016 was another year of double-digit growth at SpireTech! I’d like to thank our employees and clients for making it possible.
Here are some highlights of our major accomplishments in 2016:
- Our “VIP support” and Managed services business grew 48% last year, mostly by word of mouth and your referrals! We do very little advertising, so your referrals are much appreciated – thank you!
- We formalized business processes around our vCIO (Virtual Chief Information Officer) services to manage growth in this area.
- We grew our cloud services, such as CTERA servers and Virtual private server hosting, 50% last year.
- Our Office 365 CSP services grew more than everything else in terms of percentages. (I’m still kicking myself for not buying MSFT stock last year). It’s still a low-margin business though, so we’re offering this in conjunction with other services.
- We added some key staff on the business side, as well as additional skilled technicians.
used with permission from HP Technology at Work
It wasn’t long ago that businesses only had two options when it came to purchasing software: purchasing the product off the shelf or purchasing a license agreement for the software. Even with available on-site maintenance and management services, the costs would vary depending on the number of employees you had, making it financially unpredictable. These models may have been fine for larger companies who could afford to make the substantial upfront investments required to stay current with updates, but for smaller businesses just looking to keep up without breaking their budget, it can be a challenge.
A different approach
Software as a service (SaaS) manages the hardware and software for you—providing you with updates as they’re available—so all that’s left for you to do is take advantage of the benefits of using the software.
With the traditional approach to obtaining software, you may think you’re purchasing the software, but you’re not. Read more...
Wrapping up 2015 and our plans moving into 2016
2015 was a year of growth at SpireTech! I’d like to thank our employees and clients for
making it all possible.
As always, the tech industry is never boring and in constant change. As usual, we are always looking for best-in-class solutions for our clients, and staying on top of trends in the industry to make sure we keep our competitive edge, without being bleeding edge. Here are some highlights of our accomplishments in 2015:
- Our “VIP support” and Managed services business grew 27% last year, mostly by word of mouth and your referrals! We do very little advertising, so your referrals are much appreciated – keep them coming!
- We added the ability to manage and bill for your business’s Office365 services, along with your SpireTech services, on a single invoice. The response has been great, and we see this as a growth area for SpireTech and our clients.
SpireTech is excited to announce that we have been accepted into Microsoft’s CSP (Cloud Service Provider) program at the direct, 1-Tier level.
SpireTech clients can now enjoy unified billing, support, and management services for Office 365 and Azure products. SpireTech President Scott Cook said “Adding Microsoft Cloud services to our portfolio is a natural extension of what we are already doing for our clients, including 100% local IT management services, VIP Support, and hosted private cloud services.”
SpireTech’s pricing for Office365 and available bundles can be viewed at: Office 365.
Office 365 through SpireTech is bundled with SpireTech’s 100% local VIP support services. Existing SpireTech clients that are subscribed to our Proactive support package will receive a discount off of our listed prices for Office 365.
For more information or assistance in selecting your Office365 solution, please contact us today.